Monday, March 16, 2020

The Elevator Pitch

An elevator pitch is defined as an introduction to yourself and your company in the span of 30 or so seconds. The elevator pitch should consist of your company name, what your company does, and the value of your company. Currently, my start-up company, Star Tail Studios is just a plan on paper. But what I can do to create an elevator pitch for my company is to imagine it through different stages.

Let us say my company started up and was able to create a decent game that is published on Steam with a couple purchases. Starting from that, I will make my elevator pitch from there.

Now let us imagine a situation where someone asks me about myself and my company. This is what I would say for my elevator pitch.

"Hello, I'm Peter Nguyen of Star Tail Studios. Me and my development team just shipped a game out on Steam a couple weeks ago. It received positive feedback and I hope the players enjoyed the story as much as our team at Star Tail enjoyed creating it."

To break down this pitch, I introduced myself and the name of my company. I told the person what we are by telling them what we shipped. I gave a sense of value by talking about positive reviews. I also introduced a snippet of our mission statement by talking about hoping the player enjoys our stories and showing the company's environment as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment