Tuesday, February 11, 2020

A Mission Statement and the Vision of my Company

This is my goal about the company I am designing. I want a company that creates games that tells stories that relate to people. This goal should have an impact on how the development team's creative process. Therefore a good vision statement for my company would be "Create a video game experience for people with stories to tell."

The reason why I wanted this to be my vision statement is because the stories in video games are unique compared to stories told through movies or books. Stories in games have the consumer, the player themselves be a part of the story of the game. This allows games to do something no book or movie can do. That is to allow the listener of the story affect the outcome of the story itself and even create stories of their own from what the game has already set up.

There are many companies that exist with the goal of creating compelling stories. What my company will do to distinguish itself to others is that we will make great games that tell amazing stories that will resonate and connect to the players to a deep level.

Hopefully this will influence the development team to create compelling experiences for players to relate and connect to. Everyone has a story or two to tell and creating video games is just one way to express them.

No comments:

Post a Comment